Lower back pain can affect everyone.
In fact, eight out of ten adults have experienced lower back pain throughout their lives.
The pain can range from dull and constant aches to sharp and sudden pains.
Low back pain is the second most common reason people go to a chiropractor, and the most common reason people go more than once.
Here are 5 common causes of low back pain, and how to fix them:
1. Posterior pelvic tilt: When you’re in a posterior pelvic tilt, your pelvis is pushed forward, and the tailbone is pushed up against your spine. This position puts pressure on the nerves that go up the back of your spine, and can cause low back pain.
How to fix it:
2. Correct your posture: To correct your posture, find a standing position that’s more upright and balanced, with your feet hip-width apart and your shoulders pulled down to your hips.
3. Engage your abdominal muscles: When you adopt this posture, you’ll also need to activate your abdominal muscles to help support your spine. To do this, contract your abdominal muscles and then pull your bellybutton in towards your spine.
4. Use a chiropractor: A chiropractor will be able to help you adjust your spine to relieve the pressure on the nerve roots.
5. Take regular breaks: When you’re suffering from low back pain, it’s important to take regular breaks so you can rest and heal your muscles.
See a chiropractor regularly: Chiropractors are experts at treating low back pain, and you should see them at least once a month to maintain optimal health.